This 1 day course is for anyone wishing to learn some basic navigation skills to help them explore and enjoy the outdoors more.
This is a great opportunity to learn:
• Basic Map Reading and how GPS works
• Learning how to use a Compass (Simple Bearings and Trigonometry)
• Measuring Distance and Making your own Pace Beads
• Learn about daylight hours left in the day to walk
• Finding North using the Sun
• Route Planning and Simple Risk Assessment
• Dressing for the season
• Basic Every Day Carry Kits (EDC’s)
The day will close with your very own certificate of attendance and hopefully make new friends with the other members.