COVID SECURE FAQ’s
1. How will my child be looked after?
- Our Instructors will remind everyone to maintain a social distance of 2m throughout the day, this will be explained as a ‘gentle reminder’
- Our Instructors are Covid Aware compliant first aiders
- All activities will be run outside or under open cover if the weather is bad to make the most of the fresh air
- Regular personal hand sanitising will be encouraged during the day
What measures have we put in place to make the holiday clubs Covid-Secure?
SFBA take the health and wellbeing of the young people and our Instructors very seriously. We have had to implement some changes to ensure this happens safely but still with a focus on the outdoor activities.
Here are some of the measures we have implemented:
- Resourses will have been cleaned and allocated to set people during the day
- Clear open outside spaces will be encouraged at all times with the young people
- Hand washing will be completed prior to lunch and break times and before going home
- All attendees will be encouraged to bring their own packed lunch; unless stated on the course details
- All open fire cooking facilities will be cleaned prior, during and after use
- Group sizes on the day will be a max of 15, these will be reduced down to smaller groups during each activity
- Toilets will be cleaned before the day starts and at the end
- We will monitor the cleanliness of the toilets during the day
- Toilets have single cubicle use
- Adult toilets are allocated elsewhere in the building
- Toilet areas have hot water for hand washing with disposable paper towels
- We offer everyone the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and themselves
How will you register and drop off/ pick up?
- Bookings must be via the website only
- We will take a written register on the day outside under cover if the weather is bad
- Drop off will be 15 minutes prior to the course starting with the parent standing next to their vehicle
- An Instructor will greet you both by your vehicle wearing a face covering (adult to adult)
- Pick up will be at the end of the course with the parent standing next to their vehicle
- An Instructor will escort your young person to your vehicle for you to collect
- No parents or other adults will be allowed to enter the building, use the toilets or wander the site without permission from the ‘Main Course Instructor’
All our activities are run outside / under open cover, please ensure your young person / adult has good weatherproof items of clothing, it may be worth packing a spare set of dry clothes just in case…